English Arabic
Call Us
Chat With Us
Quick Enquiry

How can I get a freelancer visa in Dubai?

How can I get a freelancer visa in Dubai?

Any person who wants to work as freelancer must procure a license in UAE . Please note that he or she is also bound by the commercial law of UAE. Residency Visa and work permit is required for freelance works and this can be obtained from a free zone, including Dubai Media City, Dubai Studio City, Dubai Production City ,Dubai Knowledge Park, Dubai Design District , two four54 in Abu Dhabi and Fujairah Creative City. Permit costs around AED 20,000 & needs to be renewed annually.

Process to secure Freelance Visa

To get a Freelance Visa in Dubai following documents are required:

  1. Duly filled application form of freelance license
  2. Business plan copy
  3. Passport copy 
  4. Letter of recommendation from previous/current employer
  5. Original qualification certificates and resume
  6. Signed NOC by the  sponsor to transfer residence visa to freelance visa and to obtain a freelance permit.
  7. In order to ensure your satisfactory banking history you need to obtain a Good Standing Certificate from the Bank.
  8. Work samples or relevant Portfolio to prove your interest in the stated field.

Before applying  a freelance visa ,you  should be  aware of the regulations involved. You cannot possess a freelance permit for the same job from Mainland or Offshore jurisdictions. Freelance license should be applied only from the freezone authorities where freelancers license is permitted. For  persons who are on a spouse’s visa or who is sponsored by husband or wife should possess a Non Objection Certificate from the sponsor for a freelance permit. Same is applicable if you are on a job visa and is working full time. Having a physical office is not always mandatory. Freelancers in Dubai are not subjected to audit nor have to provide official accounts. It is advisable to get help from business some setup services in the UAE to make the process easier as there can be instances where you need help from some experienced professional. 

Our Newsletter